The Riverland is no exception. Things to do and places to eat at are plentiful and we want to make your holiday planning as fuss free as possible. That is why today we give to you what we believe to be the top 13 things you must do while staying at The Frames in the Riverland.
1. Sip champagne while taking a gentle cruise along the River in our 100 year old, fully restored wooden Gondola.
2. Soak up the serenity and listen to the birds calling to one another at Paringa Paddock.
3. Visit Almondco Almond Hut, one of Australia’s largest almond processing facilities in Renmark and browse the 100 odd almond products they produce.
4. Taste a legend of the Murray with our in-house dining menu. Beetroot cured Murray cod, citrus caper leaf, horseradish crème fraiche and finger lime caviar (cold) capers.
5. Learn about the Riverland’s first winery at Angove Family Winemakers Renmark cellars and take a tour through the St Agnes Brandy distillery (operating from October each Saturday at 11am).
6. Paddle along quiet backwaters and make your own discoveries with canoe hire and tours
7. Hear the stories of the region's early settlers and their families, at the Loxton Historical Village.
8. Cross the Murray River by ferry in a car, bike or on foot at Cadell, Waikerie or Lyrup.
9. Play a round of golf on some of South Australia’s most pristine, underrated and well-kept golf courses.
10. View a huge variety of bird species while leisurely walking around the stunning Banrock Station boardwalk at the Wine and Wetland Centre.
11. Experience The Flavour Safari and taste your way through Renmark & Paringa learning about almond, wine, fruit & beer production from local producers. Departing Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays during warmer seasons.
12. Relax, unwind and recharge. The Murray River has incredible serenity and calming properties. Enjoy the country peace from the balcony of your private and luxurious villa when you stay with us.
13. Picnic on the banks of creeks only accessible by water on our Backwaters Secrets boat tour.
Start ticking them off today, when you stay at The Frames, the friendly tema will be more than happy to help you arrange your Riverland rxperiences!